Friday, January 29, 2016

Artist's Statement- Locative Narrative

This week I helped to contribute to a group project where we were assigned to place a narrative in a fictional location. Our group decided to focus on the fictional planet of "Coruscant" from the "Star Wars" franchise. We originally planned on making an interactive text based story, but due to the sheer amount of writing and collaboration, we agreed to make a simpler project (had we gone on with an interactive/branching story, I envision that our group would have likely made an interactive foot chase story, but in part of time limitation, we scrapped the concept entirely). What we decided to do was to focus on creating a fictional character, and allow them to describe their district of Coruscant. I chose to create Bora Pax, an industrial worker, working in an unnamed laboratory, in the industrial district of CoCo Town. We incorporated several elements of digital media into this project, such as hyperlinks and photos.
A major problem while I was writing my part of the project was that CoCo Town had very little canon in the Star Wars Universe, as the most that is known of it was what was shown in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, which just showed a small conversation for two minutes. To give my part of the project enough material, I incorporated information about CoCo Town which was not official, yet I only chose information that seemed plausible.

It is also worth noting that all of the information I found was from the fan wikia (fan constructed encyclopaedia) and the official "Star Wars" website. Despite this, I feel like our group did very well and ultimately ended up creating a well made website.


Jacob Bacci

No comments:

Post a Comment