Thursday, February 18, 2016

Oh the People You'll See- The Types of Online Gamers

Note: Hyperlinks are indicated by underlined and bold characters. Otherwise, there is no way to distinguish hyperlinks. 
Note 2: I have linked to several videos in this post. Most of them contain profanity, so click at your own discretion)

As mentioned in my first blog post online gaming is a staple of gaming today. In fact, it has grown to the point where certain games such as "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Call of Duty: Black Ops III" (Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 versions), and "Star Wars Battlefront" have completely ditched any sort of story (To be fair, "Call of Duty: Black Ops III" is only this way due to the technical limitations of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3). To play online, you have to shell out $50-$60 for Playstation Plus or Xbox Live Gold. Because it is simply too boring to talk about online gaming, I decided that this post should be about the types of players in online gaming.


The NOOB

Anyone who seems experienced, but is to scared to play fair.

Offenses: Misuse of Smart Pistol in Titanfall, Grenade spamming in Battlefield, using a Rocket Launcher just to kill a single person (Better known as "noob tubing").

Famous quote: "Please tell me that is not an enemy behind my back"


The Microphone Misuser

The person who can not control themselves with their headset

Offenses: Vulgar talk, Not staying on topic of game, Blowing directly into their headset, Being a
unfair weight for the team too pull/dictator, not minding the background noise

Famous quotes: "**CK YOU!", "Hold on Imma get my hot pocket outta the microwave", "What in the F? Go somewhere else!", "*Vacuum noise* Jacob are you shooting people?" "PTFO! (Play. The. Flipping. Objective."


The Camper

That person who stays in one spot where he can not be killed but easily kill the people on the move. 

Offenses: Not playing fair

Famous quote: "Plus one for me!"
Please play fair and do something at one of the hardpoints.


The Lagger (Video is not in english, captions exist)

The person who loses because of a poor connection

Offenses: I honestly have nothing to say against them here. I had to deal with dsl for 6 years (worst 6 years of my entire life)

Famous quote: "JOEL!!! YOU SAID I COULD HAVE THE INTERNET AFTER YOUR STUPID LEAGUE GAME!!!!"
All I wanted for christmas last year was Broadband (NOT EXAGGERATED). 

The Kid (This video has uncensored profanity)

The obviously underage player who is rude and annoying

Offenses: Need I count the ways?

Famous quote: "Whaat? No Mommy I DON'T WANT TO GET OFF! I did my homework and piano already!" (Bonus: "I **cked your mom!")

And this is the point where you want to find his player name and mute him

The Griefer (This video contains lots of uncensored profanity, view at your own discretion)

Their pleasure is measured by your displeasure

Offenses: Team killing, Cheating, Trolling

Quote: (**Obscured by obnoxious laughter**)


Well, now you know about the types of gamers you will meet online. Please note that there are far better people than the ones I have described in this post, and most of the people online are actually decent human beings (to avoid the non decent ones, avoid "Call of Duty" titles in the future). I hope you have enjoyed this humorous view into online gamers. You can find a description of me below as well, because I have too much time on my hands.

The Me

Wait, this is me? I live for the adrenaline of the game. I occasionally have to be one of these (Have never been the kid). Always going for a better round.

Offenses: Nothing here (**Classified**)

Quote: "Game on"

-Jacob Bacci

No comments:

Post a Comment