Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Generative writing exercises notes

Note: I am sorry if this is considered to be late. Wednesdays tend to be busy for me, and this project was a good bit of work, but was worth the time.

Click here for the original story I used for both of the articles.

Oops! Wrong orientation! I wrote down the text below.
"Read or Share this Story:
Microsoft is taking something they aren't really great at, drawing much attention.
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is being enhanced to interact with some 270 million people. You're going to see BOTS spew offensive comments, planning a trip to Ireland, hammer San Francisco, help finance Yahoo sale.
Microsoft looks to them and the FBI. Social choices must ensure progress as a society. For developers, back to the drawing board."
Notes:
This project took me a good deal of time to compose. It was easy to find phrases, but not as easy to imagine ways to "randomize" the outcome. I ultimately felt inspired by the onion and it's ways of blowing news stories out of context and proportion I realized through this part that I worked well with the type of humor that changes the nature of an article.


Dear FBI,
You are my new technology. My free anniversary drew forthcoming your offline service sector.

You are my successful Apple. My easier cortana shipping canvasses your great Switzerland.
You are my integrative context. My digital headset announced drama your offensive windows.
You are my worst google. My significant Chatbot taken drew nearly your center Case Western University.

Yours Effectively,

Jacob Bacci

This one took me slightly more time than the first time. The difficult part was coming up with a list and making it sound slightly sensible. Obviously, this project was supposed to be random, but at times, it felt way too random. This portion helped me to realize that for my project I should attempt a project in a similar fashion to Taroko Gorge. I also decided that I should focus on something which had a strict context rather than on something too huge. As of now, I am planning on working on a story rather than a poem, but a story which can loop, such as a person taking an infinitely long drive or a person taking a long walk. Another possibility that I have considered was since certain movies use the same skeleton and organs. I do not have too much of an idea, but I want to be something semi-serious that can easily be looped.




Jacob Bacci

No comments:

Post a Comment