Thursday, March 2, 2017

How I Connect to my Favorite Shows- Archer

Archer: A world class spy must deal with his domineering Mother (and boss) and his spiteful (and hardly competent) coworkers.

Before we go any further, anytime I use "Archer", I am referring to Sterling Archer, not his Mother.

Why do I like this show? First of all, I am not a very huge fan of adult shows and this is one of the most inappropriate shows imaginable, so it must be doing something right. Every member of the cast brings their character a spot-on performance and is irreplaceable. The art style is a perfect mix between animation and live action. All of the characters feel like people I know (Except Archer. I feel totally like I am archer). All of the characters work well in a variety of settings. There is a good mix between inappropriate, insult, and meta humor in each episode. Every episode has earned my approval, and in my opinion, it is worth watching each episode.

If there was an episode based off of my experiences, it would be based off my first day at work at Cedar Point, where me and my crew didn't clock out until 1:00 AM.

Episode: "Overtime"
Synopsis: Archer and the ISIS crew are about to finish off another day in the office but Malory accidentally initiates a lock down. Dr Krieger starts working on overriding the lock down, but the crew realizes that Malory set up the lock down on purpose and the lock down will not end until midnight. Archer decides to organize the crew and discuss why the lock down has occurred. Unfortunately, the crew gets into heated arguments about who caused the lock down. It is only revealed at midnight that Malory worked with Krieger to set this up as a team building exercise. The episode closes with Malory accidentally starting up a second lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment